Our Sample Menus: Be Inspired
When planning menus for private cooking classes, I like first to find out what clients would like to learn. I then turn to the season to see what is at its peak. Every menu I create is customized to each client. I find the best seasonal ingredients, and present a variety of options for learning. My goal is to teach people how to cook simple and elegant menus while highlighting the use of fresh herbs, bright colors, and unique presentations.
Good dishes and menus are about balance. Cookbooks provide recipes but few of them put those recipes into a meaningful meal, and if there are menus included, the secrets to how those menus are created are rarely included.
An outstanding menu is alluring and has an air of romance about it. This is often mistakenly viewed as only possible in the domain of an accomplished chef the creative genius at work combining flavors and textures, subtleties and nuances to create a menu that your average person can't imagine. Without discounting any of the inspiring and gifted chefs in the culinary world it should be noted that the principles used in professional kitchens are the same as in the home. Learning the nuances of those elements will be a key in building your own brilliant menus, driven by creativity, imagination and intuition
The food that I create is always changing. I use the techniques I've learned and practiced over the years to come up with new dishes, and of course, I like to cook the classics. I've listed a few menus and dishes that represent my style of cooking. Enjoy!
Spring Bounty Menu
- Spicy Shrimp Cocktail with Peach Salsa
- Halibut with Lemon and Spring Pea Risotto
- Strawberry-Rhubarb Crostata (free-form pie)
- Artichoke Bruschetta with Grilled Shrimp
- Herb Roasted Beef Tenderloin and Fingerling Potatoes with Cracked Peppercorn Cognac Sauce
- Sweet Corn Souffle
- Chocolate Truffles
- Butternut Squash Soup with Blue Cheese Crostini
- Goat Cheese Stuffed Ravioli with Brown Butter and Sage
- Stuffed Pork Loin with Fig and Pine Nut Tapenade
- Oven Roasted Asparagus with Oranges and Shallots
- Sweet Potato Bread Pudding
- Roasted Beet Salad | Goat Cheese Panna Cotta | Arugula | Spicy Walnuts and Walnut Vinaigrette
- Roast Pork Tenderloin with Apple Cranberry Compote Sweet Potato Puree and Roasted Brussel Sprouts
- Pumpkin Souffle with Eggnog Cream Anglaise
- Heirloom Tomato Salad with Fresh Basil
- Roasted Chicken Roasted Garlic Mashed Potatoes and Sauteed Broccoli Rabe
- Dark Chocolate Torte with Raspberry Coulis